There is no surer way to create jobs and wealth than by the commercialisation of new ideas anchored on a strong intellectual property foundation.Chris Baxter - Managing Director, Patent & Trade Mark Attorney
Chris specialises in strategic, cross-jurisdictional intellectual property advice on complex patent portfolios and dispute matters. He acts for multinationals, ASX listed companies, university spin-outs and a wide variety of SMEs. Chris has broad technological experience spanning, in particular: medtech, defence, software and aerospace inventions.
Uniquely, alongside providing strategic IP advice, Chris has founded, accelerated, mentored and invested in dozens of tech startups. Chris draws on his experience working in-house as a patent attorney with one of Australia’s largest medical devices companies – ResMed, in delivering best-practice international IP strategy to SMEs and startups.
Chris founded Baxter IP in 2007 and recognising the need to compliment international IP advice with commercialisation and development advice, founded the FastCircle Innovation Group® in 2011.
So we’ve taken up the flag and run ahead to provide our clients with a patent attorney offering combined with comprehensive commercial resources to achieve consistently thorough IP protection, and everything an entrepreneur could require to secure a strong intellectual property asset and go on to monetise it. Chris Baxter
Awards & media
Chris has a Masters Degree in industrial property from the University of Technology, Sydney (for which he received the award for 1st place in Trade mark Law) and 1st Class Honours and the thesis prize in Aeronautical Engineering from the University of Sydney.
Chris is a Fellow of The Institute of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia, and a member of various International patent attorney organisations, conferences of which he attends annually.
In 2019, Acquisition International selected him as the “Leading Specialist Patent and Trademark Attorney of the Year, Australia” in the AI Leading Advisers Awards.
Chris has been interviewed in the Australian Financial Review, on CNBC, Bloomberg, Sky News, the ABC and 2UE.
For Chris’s full profile, please visit www.chrisbaxter.com.au.
- “Leading Specialist Patent and Trademark Attorney of the Year, Australia” in the Acquisition International Leading Adviser Awards 2019
- Recommended patent attorney for patent prosecution in 2015 by Intellectual Asset Management Magazine
- Member of Entrepreneurs’ Organization Sydney
- Fellow of The Institute of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Founded Baxter IP in 2007
- Founded FastCircle® in 2011
- Manages an angel investment portfolio
- Prev. in-house patent attorney at ResMed
- Award for 1st place in Trade Mark Law in Master of Intellectual Property Law @ UTS
- Thesis Prize and 1st Class Hons in Aeronautical Engineering @ USYD
- Adviser to Baxter Charitable Trusts