Since the awarding of one of the very first modern patents to Samuel Hopkins in 1790 for his potash production method, chemical patents have been […]
Our patent attorneys are experts in your industry
With our experienced and communicative team of 10 patent attorneys, all of whom are patent industry experts, you can benefit from working with a patent attorney who specialises in your technology area:
Five reasons it’s better working with a patent specialist attorney
- Your patent industry expert attorney will understand your new idea and its technical and commercial context more quickly.
- Your patent specialist attorneys will be able to identify potential points of novelty or inventiveness more easily.
- Your patent industry experts will be able to identify how a competitor might attempt to circumvent your patent claims more easily in order to defend against this.
- With their patent technology specialisation, your patent attorneys will be able to expand the scope of your patent claims with logical variations.
- They may be able to provide you with some contacts in the industry or other commercial advice.
If you work in the fast-evolving fintech or SaaS space, patent protection is necessary to protect the steps you have taken ahead of other players because these gaps can be closed quickly. If you work in developing new chemical processes, compounds and pharmaceutical formulations, there is often an extended development lifecycle before a commercial return can be seen. Often there is a scientific community push for publishing advances to establish a pseudo claim of first to invent – this needs to be resisted until a patent application has been filed by your patent attorney; otherwise, publication may adversely affect the ability to obtain adequate and deserved commercial compensation for the substantial investment you have made.