Our patent attorneys are experts in your industry
Amongst our experienced and communicative team of eleven industry specialist patent attorneys, you can benefit from working with a patent attorney who is an expert in your technology area:
Five reasons it’s better working with an industry specialist patent attorney
- Your patent attorney will understand your new idea and its technical and commercial context more quickly.
- They will be able to identify potential points of novelty or inventiveness more easily.
- They will be able to identify how a competitor might attempt to circumvent your patent claims more easily in order to defend against this.
- They will be able to expand the scope of your patent claims with logical variations.
- They may be able to provide you with some contacts in the industry or other commercial advice.
Patent protection is essential for protecting R&D investment and commercial outcomes from chemical processes, chemical compounds, pharmaceutical formulations, treatments for diseases and medical devices inventions. Inventive advances stemming from R&D investment often directly impact on and positively affect quality of life but may have extended development lifecycles before a commercial return can be made. Often there is a scientific community push for publishing advances to establish a pseudo claim of first to invent – this needs to be resisted until a patent application has been filed by your patent attorney, otherwise publication may adversely affect the ability to obtain adequate and deserved commercial compensation for substantial investment.