BiographyChris began his intellectual property career working at a large Australian IP firm, then joined the in-house team at one of Australia’s largest medical devices companies, before leaving in 2007 to establish Baxter IP.Under Chris’ leadership, the firm has grown to a team of 27 patent & trade mark attorneys and administrative staff, with offices in Sydney and Melbourne. Chris advises a client base comprised of multinational corporations, universities and SMEs, as well as venture capital firms, tech start-ups and entrepreneurs.
Chris has broad technological experience spanning, in particular: medtech, defence, software and aerospace inventions. He specialises in providing strategic, cross-jurisdictional intellectual property advice on complex patent portfolios and dispute matters. He understands the nexus of IP and its significance in the commercial licensing and capital raising process. Clients benefit from Chris’ holistic approach, which focuses on their commercial interests, as well as the legal processes involved.
- Qualified trade mark and patent attorney
- Founded Baxter IP in 2007
- Fellow of The Institute of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Former in-house patent attorney at ResMed
- Award for 1st place in Trade Mark Law in Master of Intellectual Property Law at the University of Technology Sydney
- Thesis Prize and 1st Class Honours in Aeronautical Engineering from the University of Sydney
- Adviser to Baxter Charitable Trusts
- IP 101 Workshop - UNSW New Wave Group - 20 Jun 22
- Baxter vs Bixter Case Review - 1 Feb 22
Patent Technical Areas Pharmaceuticals / Biochemistry / Vet Science