1. Identify your target market. It can be quite of a challenge to start a business that targets everything. So it is important to identify your target market and focus your efforts in building a...
Areas of Expertise
Playing a crucial role in communication, taking advantage of my trilingual ability, my duty is to understand client’s needs, work with attorneys, and provide the most cost effective and comprehensive protections for ideas of clients.Joanne Li - Trade Mark Attorney, International Filings Manager
The role of Chinese Liaison Officer is a crucial one here at Baxter IP, as our reputation and practice continues to expand within the Chinese-speaking community.
And there’s no one better qualified for the job than Joanne Li – a native speaker of both Mandarin and Cantonese, with an Advanced Masters Degree in Business, hands-on IP knowledge, and proven expertise in both administration and customer service.
Joanne facilitates communication between clients and our attorneys by translating documents and acting in the role of interpreter during meetings. In addition to her client-facing role Joanne handles a range of technical administration with meticulous attention to detail.
Joanne developed a fascination with IP protection and commercialisation during her degree studies into entrepreneurship. She enjoyed putting her knowledge of IP fundamentals into practice through an internship with UniQuest, The University of Queensland’s IP and research commercialisation arm.
A consummate team player who is always keen to support and learn from our exceptional team of IP professionals, she is continually expanding her knowledge and capabilities in the IP field. With her growing understanding of Australian and international IP systems Joanne is perfectly positioned to support you through all stages of the process, from your initial inquiry through to successful prosecution and commercialisation of your IP.
A keen photographer who has been firmly bitten by the travel bug, when not at work Joanne can usually be found out on the road, or at home planning her next international trip.
- Master of Business (Advanced) in Entrepreneurship and Marketing, University of Queensland
- Internship of commercialisation at UniQuest
- Currently studying a Graduate Certificate of Intellectual Property at the University of Technology Sydney
- Bachelor of Art in International Trade and English, Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, China
- Fluent English, Proficient Mandarin and Cantonese