Electrical Engineering and Electronics Patents
Inventions and innovations in electronic and electromechanical technology have revolutionised and continue to change the modern world. Nikola Tesla’s patent for his alternating electric current generator was one of the earliest granted patents in the field of electrical engineering, and the multiple number of patents in the scientist’s name underlined the importance of patents in his time. The importance of patents still holds true at present, when electronic and electromechanical technology is a key foundation upon which many industries rely.
The electronics and electrical engineering industry is a fast moving sector for development with innovation as a driving force. The sector covers fields as diverse as transaction terminals to laser engineering and is one of the most heavily patented technology sectors in the world.
As long as your electrical engineering or electronic device invention is new and inventive, it should be patentable in most countries around the world. Additionally, circuit board layout designs can be protected as design registrations in many countries, and could also be protected under copyright laws in many instances.
Electrical engineering patents & electronics experience snapshot
Belkin International, Inc.
Flowserve Management Company
|Fixed and wireless communications systems||
|Gaming and lottery systems||
Angel Playing Cards Co., Ltd.
|Electronic transaction terminals and networks||
Zoll Circulation, Inc.
|Environmental and process sensors||
|Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence||
Accenture Global Solutions Limited
|Navigation and location services||
Chen, Peng MR; Chen, Tao MR; Chen, Yunan MR
8 Rivers Capital, LLC
|Robotics and automation||
Accenture Global Services, Ltd.
Toyota Jidosha Kabushiki Kaisha
NTT DoCoMo, Inc.
|Human computer interaction||
Softbank Robotics Europe
Teletech Pty Ltd.
Prototype Productions, Inc.
What are the key regions for electrical engineering and electronics patents?
- USA – largest consumer market in the world
- China – major manufacturing industry in the world and fastest growing consumer market
- Europe – many countries can be protected by a single application and the second largest consumer region in the world
- Japan – significant electrical technological industry and market
- Korea – large electronics & mobile companies, as well as a large design and manufacturing sector
- Taiwan – a large electronics industry and manufacturing hub
- Australia – particularly if this is your pilot market and it’s inexpensive