Highly Effective Patent Applications
Our Patent Attorneys create Layers of Protection -By claiming your invention from multiple perspectives we create contingency positions if one of your claims is invalidated during international examination.
Excellence in International Patenting -Patent examination in US & EU is more stringent than in Australia - our patent attorneys reduce the risk of problems overseas by preparing thorough provisional patent applications from the outset.
Pursue The Broadest Possible Coverage -Our patent attorneys cover the concept behind your product and not just the specific device / software you have developed. Our patent attorneys also cover applications of your device / software across different industries when possible.
Thinking Outside the Box -Our patent attorneys often develop logical extensions to clients' concepts and these are included in their patent application.
Obtaining Value-Added Advice
We Come From Successful R&D Companies -Uniquely, most of our senior patent attorneys have worked at both large private practice firms and for research & development companies managing international portfolios of patent applications.
Collective Experience -Each patent attorney in our team has between 10 - 25 years of international patenting experience so our patent attorneys prepare patent applications in a manner best suited to international licensing and enforcement.
Our Network -Baxter IP provides advice to clients of all types including individuals and over 10 multinational corporations. Our close working relationship with our network of technology specialist patent attorneys all over the world allows us to give you the right advice no matter where you are seeking patent protection.
Maximising Returns on Investment and Predictable Costs
Only Patent Attorney Firm With Full-Service Commercialisation Consultancy -We are the only patent attorney firm in Australia that has an associated full-service commercialisation consultancy. Why? Because we want to see innovative businesses grow and prosper internationally - not just patent protected.
- We can develop and implement international patent and licensing strategies.
- We can identify appropriate licensees and make the relevant contacts.
- We can pitch and negotiate licence agreements on your behalf.
Fixed Cost Patent Attorney Services -Unlike many other patent attorney firms we don't generally charge by the billable hour. We give you a fixed cost for each step upfront so that you can budget the patent process more accurately from the start.
- We also have registered New Zealand patent attorneys, enabling direct patent filing in New Zealand providing further savings.
Maintaining the Highest Standard of Work
Our System Reduce Risk -Our patent attorneys comply with strict procedural checklists for all aspects of the patent application process. Each of our patent attorneys is also an engineer or scientist so we are highly methodical in our approach to minimising risk at every stage.
If you have conceptualised or designed an innovative product, whether the patentable innovation lies in a mechanism, materials, electronics or simply the design, your patent attorney will get to the heart of your innovation to obtain the broadest possible protection. Additionally, your patent attorney will work with you to explore variations to your product to create a multi-layered barrier to protection.
Once you have filled a patent application:
The patent attorney team at Baxter Patent Attorneys includes a physicist, mechanical, mechatronics, aeronautical and electrical engineer , all of whom have a wealth of experience in writing international-standard patent applications, and overcoming adverse examination reports of patent offices throughout the world.
Our patent attorneys can work in close collaboration with the advisers at Baxter Commercialisation and the designers at Baxter Product to gear your patent application and international patent strategy for commercial success.
Specific Areas of Experience
- Household Items including - bathroom equipment, kitchen utensils, containers, furniture, locks, lighting, gardening and lawn care
- Health and Recreation including - camping and caravans, exercise machines, musical equipment, golf carts, clothing and toys
- Packaging including - food packaging, beverage containers and packaging methods
- Construction including - equipment, hand and power tools, structures, termite prevention systems, scaffolding and construction methods
- Electrical Products including - GPS related, appliances, sensors and food preparation
- Industrial Engineering - mining and manufacturing equipment and methods, valves, lubrication, materials handling, agricultural equipment, air conditioning, refrigeration and heating
- Automotive Technology including - fuel injection, engine control, suspension, steering, safety systems and maintenance
- Aeronautical and Aerospace engineering including - aircraft, space and sub-space travel, propulsion and aerodynamics
Many of our clients have successfully commercialised their patented technologies in Australia and in key overseas markets, such as the USA, Asia and Europe. Here are just a few...
- Tidy Tradie
- Pumping Solutions
- Baillie Tank Equipment
Baxter Patent Attorneys boasts a depth of knowledge and experience in biomedical engineering that is difficult to find elsewhere. One of our patent attorneys was recently selected by Macquarie University to handle its medical device related patents and act for its multi-nationals such as Ethicon Endosurgery (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson).
Baxter Patent Attorney's founder, Chris Baxter, also started Biometic P/L, a bioresorbable materials IP licensing and manufacturing company that has raised $5m and established a factory in Shenzhen just 5 years after it was founded.
The team has a number of biomedical engineering specialists including an attorney who was an in-house IP manager at ResMed. The team works on a daily basis with a network of foreign patent attorneys, all of whom have been chosen for their experience in the biomedical field to ensure the highest standard in quality of work is achieved both internationally as well as locally.
Once you have filed a patent application:
- Baxter Commercialisation can work with you to develop a licencing, distribution or marketing strategy, and
- Baxter Product can work with you to create a an ergonomic, biocompatible design and/or to arrange prototyping or manufacturing, and
- IOSYS can work with you to conduct clinical trials, conduct product testing or obtain regulatory approval as required.
Specific Areas of Experience
- Tissue Engineering including
biomaterials, biomechanical design and engineering design
- Material Science including
surface science and catalysis, nanotechnology, composite materials and polymer engineering
- Prosthetic Engineering including
prosthetic engineering including cardiothoracic, cardiac, vascular, urogenital, spinal, orthopedic, ophthalmic, ear, nose & throat; neurosurgical, dental and plastic & reconstructive prostheses
- Diagnostic, Monitoring & Laboratory Equipment including
diagnostic imaging devices, physiological monitors, in-vitro diagnostics and chemical & biological sensor technology
- Therapeutic Equipment including
CPAP low generators, full-face, nasal and aural masks; wheelchairs; and chiropractic equipment
- Surgical Instruments including
endoscopic & laparoscopic devices and orthopaedic surgical devices
- Drug Delivery Devices including
implantable, injectable and needle-free delivery systems
- General Healthcare Products and Services including
healthcare information systems and software, healthcare infrastructure and hospital supplies
- Optimism Apps
- Patient Dynamics
- Optimized Ortho
- Noble Healthcare Group
Patent law relating to computer and software relate inventions is constantly changing, so it is important to work with patent attorneys who have an in-depth knowledge of what is and is not patentable Baxter's patent attorneys lead the field in their expertise in software patents. Patent attorneys such as Chris Baxter and Nicholas Milne lecture internationally and are interviewed in media on the subject.
A disproportionately large amount of Baxter Patent Attorneys' work relates to protecting computer implemented inventions as our patent attorneys enjoy a reputation of excellence in this field. Our team comprises an electrical engineer having software industry experience in the design, development and deployment of industrial control software platforms, a mechatronics engineer and a physicist.
Chris Baxter is regularly interviewed on television (CNBC, Bloomberg...) on software patent cases of interest including the Apple Samsung patent wars.
Specific Areas of Experience
- Computer software patent applications
- Financial transaction processing patent applications
- Security Authentication Systems patent applications
- Web based patent applications
- E-Commerce platforms patent applications
- Cloud-based software patent applications
- Social media patent applications
- Mobile device technology patent applications
- Smart phone app patent applications
- Location based information systems patent applications
- Embedded control patent applications
- Power, security & telecommunications systems patent applications
- Safety systems patent applications
- Control systems patent applications
- Remote monitoring and reporting systems patent applications
- Deals Direct
- Cleanpoint Holdings Pty Ltd
- NOWWW.US Pty Ltd
- Syple Technologies Pty Ltd
- Fame or Flame Pty Ltd
- Bermel Business Systems